Conveyancing is the legal term for transferring ownership of property, whether you are buying or selling.
A solicitor or conveyancer will:
- Handle the exchange of contracts between you and the vendor ie. current owner of the property
- Give you legal advice
- Carry out local council searches ie. Local Authority, etc
- Deal with the Land Registry on your behalf ie. register the property in your name and arrange the payment of Stamp Duty if applicable
- Transfer the mortgage funds received from the lender to the vendor’s solicitors’ to pay for your property.
A solicitors’ quote can be obtained by you using our comparison tool from Conveyancing Brain which will show the breakdown of their costs and the appropriate legal costs. Using one of the appropriate companies on the panel will enable us to track the progress of your purchase or remortgage file and it enables us to assist you in achieving completion on your property purchase or remortgage on the date you want
- Conveyancing costs can be cheaper than going to solicitors direct
- There will not be a professional fee if your transaction does not go ahead
- All solicitors have agreed to rigorous service standards specified by ConveyancingBrain
- Service is constantly monitored to ensure all conveyancing work meets the highest standards
- Your chosen solicitor will be able to start work immediately
- The price stated on the quote is the price you pay
Select one of the tabs below to obtain an appropriate quote for information purposes. You can then select the tab on the quote to instruct the appropriate company directly or contact us directly to discuss the quote with you in further detail
The information contained in this website is subject to UK regulatory regime and is therefore intended for consumers based in the UK
Some forms of Buy to Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
iM Mortgages is a trading style of Mohammed Imran Mirza, an Appointed Representative of The Right Mortgage Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Reference 935986.
Our Typical fee is £499 and only payable on receipt of a successful offer.
Conveyancing is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.